Pages

Friday 19 June 2020

My Recount of Our Special Assembly!

                     My Recount of Our Special Assembly!

Hey Students out there have you ever had a special guess at assembly day? Who is strong and tall who is a boxer who came to your school? Well of course, Pt England did have a guest today and the special guest named is Joseph Parker. Wow! right? Which my school were so surprise and shocked. To have him in our school and even seeing him in real life! So let me tell you all about the special assembly and before the special assembly. FYI Joseph Parker did a speech and his speech is really inspiring.

So when I was walking to school going to my class ( Rm 11 ).  Which this is my normal routine everyday, Which I find interesting I then start beginning my whole routine.  1.  Putting my bag away in class. 2. Go outside and play with friends. 3. 8:30 am come back to class and line up. 4. Getting ready to go to Team 5 assembly. 5.  Doing our Karakia and Mihi ( Which RM 2 did it )  6. Hearing our notice from one of the teacher. Which That's the part when Mrs Tele'a told us that we have a special guest today. Which to me I didn't know who was the special guest but I was really excited though.

So When Mrs Tele'a finish telling us about our notices. We then Team 5 (Yr7&8) were getting ready to go to assembly. Which some people and me were excited to see who is our guest today. Which I was thinking of many  people, but I never thought a boxer would come until, today. When I saw Joseph Parker I was so shocked and excited seeing him in real life. Because I'm a fan and others too. TBH he was really tall than I thought. But never mind about that,  let me tell you now all about what Joseph Parker speech.

At Assembly when we finish hearing the Prefects/Rangatahi korero. It was time for Joseph Parker speech but first, he did a  performance for us. With my principle guitar, which I never knew he could play guitar until, now.  Because when I heard him playing he was really good! Better than I expected.  Everyone was cheering for him and he did a great big smile at us. But now it was time for him to do his speech now.

When Joseph Parker was standing in front of the whole school saying his speech. I found his speech very inspiring, because Joseph Parker words to us is Believe in yourself and nothing beats hard work. Which Joseph Parker explain to us believing in yourself is worth it. Because you can achieve anything your goals or dreams. Like him, and he also said you don't need people to tell you your good. If you know your good then achieve being anything you want. Now the other word Nothing beats hard work.  What I love about that word is that doing hard work instead of wishing to be is better. Because Joseph Parker was at the gym and he sawed a poster saying don't wish for it work for it. To him he told us pushing  your self, doing hard work and being determined. You can be successful of being what you want. And also doing no work doesn't do anything to become what you want. But doing hard work can make you successful. Which I found his speech inspiring.

After saying his speech, Joseph Parker than sat down. All of us students and teachers were clapping for him. I found this assembly being with him special. Also his sister Elizabeth Parker too she was there. It was so cool seeing them both at Point England School. But now it was the time to continue our Assembly.  When we were continuing our Assembly the last thing we did was to sing the Matariki song to him. Which was so cool seeing him having a big smile:)

But after singing it was time to go back to class. I think this Assembly is very cool and special. So this is how the Assembly went and before.  I hope you enjoy reading this.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Inga,
    this is very good I like how you did this kind of work it was Persuasive it was very very good I like your puctionation I hope you do great this year#:P
    By Terangimarie

    ReplyDelete