Pages

Thursday 29 August 2019

Technology wood

                                The Process of my jeep.
This week in our tech class we were doing our wood project. So today I am showing you the process of making my jeep and here is my making process of my jeep.

Also in this photo in the right side this is  my friend project and he is making a plane. The only thing he needs is to make is his wheel.

Here is my photo with my jeep and the only thing I need is my wheels. So I will wait for my teacher Mr Grundy to finish off and then I put my photo of my finish jeep in the next post.
Step 1. I used a pencil, ruler, the wood I'm using, and a big paper to make a full size working drawing of my jeep because when we make a mistake it in paper it is really easy to fix it, but when we make a mistake on wood we can't fix it.

Step 2. I used a ruler and pencil to copy the measurements from my drawing onto the wood to start making my jeep.

Step 3. I marked a square line (at 90 degrees) across and down the sides using a Tri-square, pencil and a ruler. When I finish I check with Mr Grundy.

Step 4. Once he says it all right I then cut off the first piece of wood using a backed saw and a bench hook.

Step 5. I then marked out my measurement for my joint using a ruler, pencil, Tri square, and a 230 long foot wood. And so I then measure out and marked out 60 for the front of my jeep. Then after that I then marked marked 20 for my joint, and in each side I marked half way.

Step 6. After I marked I then checked out with Mr Grundy to see if it was all right.

Step 7. When he says all right I then cut off my joint halfway were I marked using a bench hook, and backed saw.

Step 8. After cutting my joint halfway I then used a wood chisel and mallet to cut off the wood inside  my joint.

Step 9. I then got another wood and marked out 100 in the wood. Because this was the piece to put in my joint I made.

Step 10. So I checked with Mr Grundy to see if my measurement was all right.

Step 11. Once he checks it I then cut my piece of wood using a backed saw and bench hook.

Step 12. When I finish cutting my piece of wood off I then gave it to Mr Grundy to make the window. Because the piece of wood was for my joint and the my jeep window.

Step 13.  Mr Grundy gave me another wood to make my back boot for my jeep.

Step 14. I measure and marked out 40 using a Tri square, ruler, and pencil. Because this was my back part.

Step 15. Once finish I check with Mr Grundy and so he glue it and I waited 30 minutes.

Step 16. When the piece is glue and dry it was the part of doing the side of the jeep.

Step 17.  Me and Mr Grundy went to one of his machine and he cutted off a thin piece of cardboard for my door in my jeep.

Step 18. He then traced out the seat of my jeep in that thin cardboard, and I traced it.

Step 19. After tracing I check it out with Mr Grundy and then he cutted off the seat.

Step 20. When Mr Grundy finish he glue my two side door for my jeep and he explain to me to leave it for 30 minute.

Step 21. When 30 minutes finish I went to Mr Grundy and he told me to follow him and he build the seat inside it. So he glue it and I have to wait 30 minutes.

Step 22. After waiting for the sides to dry for 30 minute I then needed only one thing and it's my wheels. 

1 comment:

  1. hi Inga its me john i liked how you wrote about Technology wood,maybe in that photo you could have told me too fix my hair lol

    ReplyDelete